Relationships and Sex Education (RSE):
The objectives for teaching RSE across our school curriculum are:
- To develop confidence and responsibility.
- To be able to listen to others and exchange views with consideration
- To be able to discuss feelings and relationships in an atmosphere of trust.
- To make the most of their abilities.
- To recognise and use the correct names for parts of the body and describe how their bodies work
- To develop a healthy and safe lifestyle.
- To learn about the nature of marriage and loving partnerships in the context of their importance in relation to family life and the bringing up of children.
- To develop good relationships and respect the differences between people.
Parents have the right to withdraw their children from the non-statutory elements of SRE. If you would like to know more please read our Personal Social Health and Emotional Education Policy or alternatively contact the school office. They will be happy to arrange an appointment for you to discuss this further with the Headteacher.