Since 1st September 2013, the Government has provided additional funding to all primary schools to support them to improve the quality and breadth of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils.
Schools are free to decide how to use this money but it should be spent carefully to ensure sustainable provision and maximum impact.
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvements across:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experiences of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
At Broadway, we implemented the following strategy this academic year that fulfils all 5 of the key indicators. The document below details a breakdown of our spending and the impact we have seen on pupils’ physical activity, sport participation and attainment.