Happy New Year! Hope you all had a lovely Christmas with your families. Thank you for all our cards and gifts.
This term our topic is Explorers.
We are exploring the Poles – the Arctic and Antarctic and then comparing them with India as a contrasting country.
English – we are writing facts; reading, writing and learning poems.
Maths – multiplication and division.
Science/DT- materials, investigating ice and also solids/liquids/gas.
Geography – the world- continents and oceans.
History – famous explorer
Music – recorders
Art – Ice and Indian Art
PE– dance – Ice and Snow and Bollywood
Computing – programming
RE – Hinduism and Judaism
Homework Term Three
- maths targets – Please sign and date whenever you practise the targets in the back of the homework book . Many children are practising frequently – thank you- and several have gained bronze, silver or gold certificates which are given out in assembly. House point tokens are given out when children achieve their targets.
- before Christmas your child was sent home with their latest common exception word spelling assessment. Children are expected to read and spell all of these by the end of Year 2. Please continue to practise them in addition to their spelling tests. They can use them in sentences along with the spelling word.
- Each week we will be choosing a star writer, star mathematician and star investigator. This will be displayed in the classroom and the children chosen will be rewarded with a house point token.
- Reading records are checked daily so please remember to write in them whenever your child has read. Children love having a champion reader certificate and their photo in the window.
- homework – new grids are in the homework book. We will stamp and reward the children with a house point token for any homework completed.